Fly Fishing Slovenia Guide, Unique Lodge
Welcome to Fly Fishing Slovenia
Discover the beauty of Slovenia waters with a unique fly fishing holiday at Slovenia fishing Lodge and enjoy guided fly fishing tours across Slovenia.
Our Fly fishing Slovenia guides offer professional fly fishing guiding in Slovenia for anglers of all skill levels. We pride ourselves on providing best fly fishing guide service in Slovenia. With our broad experience, we ensure to make your days a truly unique experience, whether you are a seasoned and experienced angler or a first timer who wants to learn to fly fish. When booking a guided fly fishing holiday with us, you can be assured of an attentive, personal experience and friendly fly fishing guides.
It’s our philosophy that people make the experience. With our guides you get someone with a genuinely recognised reputation as a fishing guide. You also get a person with a true passion, humility and desire to provide the ultimate adventure for his guests.
- Full-time local Fly fishing guides with years of experience on Slovenian Rivers.
- Guiding and fishing for wild marble trout, brown & rainbow trout, grayling and huchen.
- Slovenia Fly fishing Lodge – Go-to retreat for small groups.
- Access to variety of top Slovenian trout waters.
Read more at: Why hire a Fly fishing guide in Slovenia?
Fly Fishing Lodge Slovenia
Fly fishing Lodge Slovenia – our exclusive chalk stream haven for small groups of discerning anglers!
Our Lodge backyard boasts some of the best fly fishing in Europe and it’s our mission to bring you the best fishing experience possible, yet also have plenty of time to relax and unwind. Few places on earth offer such rivers and trout diversity on such a small scale.
Therefore do not miss the opportunity to visit Slovenia, when planning your trip to Europe. The most convenient way to reach Slovenia is certainly by air, nearest airport Ljubljana offers good connections to most larger airports.
Guiding - Fly Fishing Together
Best Fly Fishing in Slovenia
Slovenia is regarded as one of the best fly fishing destinations worldwide.
Go Fly fishing guides offer professionally guided fly fishing trips for anglers on famed trout streams – Soca, Unica, Sava, Savinja, Idrijca, Krka. Inside knowledge of the rivers and relationship with the local river keepers make sure that the waters we fish are at their best. The variety of our waters always provide you with a chance on a trout of your dreams.
Top 10 fishing RIVERS in Slovenia:
- Soca is a crystal-clear emerald Alpine beauty, surrounded by a breathtaking nature.
- Krka a Slovenian chalk stream exceeding all expectations.
- Savinja is an Alpine beauty, with ever changing pattern of pools and rapids.
- Idrijca is one of the challenging Slovenian Rivers offering great surprises.
- Unica a classic Slovenian Chalk stream offering a chance for a trophy grayling.
- Vipava is a mysterious river hiding a good population of wild trout.
- Lepena is crystal clear alpine creek, winding its way through the Alpine valley.
- Sava is the longest river in Slovenia, in its upper part still intact with spectacular pools and rapids.
- Kolpa a wild river offering wild grayling fishing amidst the untouched green forests.
- Radovna an extremely cold, crystal clear, enchanting freestone stream.
We will help you through diversity of fishing options and move you the direction of fully fledged – unforgettable Slovenia’s fly fishing experience.
SloveniaN trout Species
Bucket list species :
- Marble trout: an endemic trout species, also called a queen of our rivers. Largest salmonid species of Slovenia.
- Brown trout: a native trout species, inhabiting most well oxygenated pristine rivers in Slovenia.
- Huchen (Hucho hucho): the king of Slovenian streams is inhabiting rivers of Danube basin
- Rainbow trout: renown for its fighting abilities and rainbow coloration pattern. May be found in most Slovenian rivers.
- Grayling: abundant fly-fishing species in Slovenia. Charaterized by its colorful, large dorsal fin.
Slovenia waters boast good populations of variety of trout species. We know where they live and how to tempt them to take the right fly, presented the right way. Trophy trout are not uncommon, but never guaranteed!
Slovenia fly fishing guiding team is ready to assist on your next fly fishing tour.
Slovenia Fly fishing Season
There is no off-season in Slovenia, which is something every fisherman can love!
- March through April sees changing conditions and often results in excellent hatches with the overcast weather (great hatches of Baetis, Heptagenia, April Caddis)
- May till mid-July sees the most consistent and enjoyable weather (Mayfly, Siphlonurus, Stoneflies, lively Caddis hatches)
- Mid-July to the September rains is popular with avid anglers and family trips (morning and evening at their best – multiple hatches of PMD and Baetis, still some strong caddis hatches, lakes are great – midges)
- Mid September to end of October we see a cold break and is typically suited for anglers in search of Indian season dry fly fishing for grayling and aggressive trout.
- October till mid February – a Huchen season! Fish of one-thousand casts. Though fishing, but well worth the effort.
Sustainable Fly Fishing
Fly fishing relies on healthy rivers, ecosystems and intact nature – forming a close relationship, where each component is inseparable of each other. Our value base is reflected in our lifestyle, in our environmental- and sustainability work and in our care for a sound environment.
We support new projects, but are also committed to bring environmentally less-harmful practices into our services.
Year 2019 – Donation to WaterWatch Oregon – support to restoring and protecting natural flows in Oregon rivers and streams (Slovenia Four-Day Fishing Trip)